Re: chassis specs?

To: John Beckett <saltracer@servusa.com>
Subject: Re: chassis specs?
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 05:54:36 -0400
I am the last guy to add weight but a sound frame and cage is not ballast. In my
opinion the money that is spent on safety and crash worthy parts is never
wasted. If I were to build a car that has a record at 200 mph i would probably
look at the chassis and cage specs for going 250 to 300 mph and use those as a
guideline. it would probably only weight a couple of hundred pounds more and
cars have a habit of going faster rather than slower over time so you would
probably grow into the chassis so to speak rather than having to do an upgrade
later for the new speeds. Now adding weight in the form of ballast sort of rubs
me the wrong way. Safety equipment does not come up on my screen as ballast
though..
dave