Maxton

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Maxton
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 08:23:21 -0500
Tonya and I both had a really great time this weekend... thou not without
incident...

The Berkeley doesn't have rear suspension and that's a mistake on a Maxton
car... it's just an ugly event... when you hit the bump at the 5/8ths mile
marker... the car cavitates like a damn boat.... throws the rear end in the
air and the tires just start spinning....

Needless to say it's sitting at a fella's place in Atlanta getting rear
suspension as we speak...

Tonya got two passes in the car and I got a couple... we lost the points lead
by a couple of miles and hour and left satisfied that everything was going to
be fine with the car there.... long as the rear suspension works out... which
I'm sure it will...    Tonya ran 121 on her first trip to the store and picked
up some wheaties and ran 141 on her way home.... keep in mind it's her first
two runs in the car... and I didn't really want her to go super fast....

I made the first run and the last.... 165 and 185mph....  on that 185 pass I
actually had the car at part throttle for most the run... just cruizin along
taking it easy waiting for the bump.... then I hammered it and barely got it
into 4th gear before the lights.... The deal is this car is going to be Very
fast at Maxton... no sense in trying to get it all on the first runs....
especially when things aren't right....

I'm going to write another mail about how we put her in the car cause this
seat deal really worked out swell....