Predictable? - FIM

To: LSR List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Predictable? - FIM
From: Malcolm Pittwood <MPittwood@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 04:42:35 -0400
List

If you want to run three wheels in a configuration that is not a sidecar
(two tracks) then turn to the FIM. They call them 'cyclecars' in that
organisations rule book.  When the AMA allowed Jim Feuling to remove one
wheel to go to a 'cyclecar' configuration he called it the world's fastest
motorcycle!

The funny thing is that the FIM class Breedlove ran to in '63/'64 no longer
exists!  And once again. for the record. Breedlove did not run a
"motorcycle and sidecar" as he made three tracks and jetted along.

Three wheelers are in my 1998 SCTA/BNI rule book (page 72 Special
Construction) - have they been dropped?  I have seen a number of trikes in
the Bonneville picture books - live rear axle with a wheel at each end
(LOL).

Malcolm Pittwood, Derby, England.