Why Engine Setback

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Why Engine Setback
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 16:17:54 -0700 (PDT)
1953 Studebaker.  Altered class.  I can set the engine back 25% of the
wheelbase - - -wow, that's like two feet.  Why would I want to do that?  The
car has about 51% on the front if I put the hemi where the original motor went.
 Seems like if I move it back, I'm violating that kiss arrow principle and
putting more weight towards the rear of the car.

I just got the doors and front clip off, and I'm about to remove the floor and
most of the firewall.  I'm at a point right now where I can put the motor
anywhere I want to (within the rules) and I want to make the best choice.
Comments?

Oh, it says I can stretch the body 2% in front of the cowl.  Does that include
a 2% wheelbase stretch?  I can also put the front axle anywhere I want to
(within the rules).

Dick J in East Texas