First Supersonic?

To: LSR List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: First Supersonic?
From: Malcolm Pittwood <MPittwood@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 17:17:14 -0400
Jon and List

I will direct all readers to various articles on the Budweiser 'Speed of
Sound' attempt later if I have a mind to be bothered.

The signature of Chuck Yeager - a grudging acknowledgement by USAF of the
veracity of the limited data supplied by the team (vested interest!!) - the
rear wheels leaving the ground - the feel from the driver did not add up to
a supersonic speed!

When SSC did do it you at least got independant speed verification over 1
mile and a double sonic boom.

Malcolm Pittwood, Derby, England