Rule changes

To: "land speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rule changes
From: "Dan Warner" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 08:53:45 -0700
What is the format for proposing a formal change? Who
gets to vote?
MPS-G has been talked about for the two years that I've been involved with
the sport and hopefully it will be voted on and resolved once and for all.
Jim,

The change request form is available at all meets. There was a book with
copies with Henry & I in impound at WoS. The procedure is outlined on page 12
of the 2003 rulebook.

The members of the Motorcycle Committee look at all proposals and decide
whether the change request has any validity. As I mentioned before we
seriously consider requests that are self servering and reject those out of
hand. Your question does not seem to fall into this category though. The
changes which are accepted are worded to fit the rulebook format and then
presented to the SCTA Board for approval. People who have input to a rule
change once it is received include SCTA-BNI board members, committee members,
class chairpersons and club presidents.

The rule change cutoff date is 10/01/xx and the meeting follows in about 3
weeks, this year on 10/25. This gives me time to set an agenda and notify the
participants of what to expect prior to the meeting. The rules meeting is held
this early in the year so that there is ample time to revisit a change request
if needed. The process to incorporate the changes into the rulebook: input,
proof reading, re-proof reading and all the other items such as ad copy, etc.
take several weeks to accomplish. This process has to be done with enough lead
time to get the rulebook into your hands in a timely manner.

There is also a motorcycle competitors meeting held at Speedweek each year so
that those entrants who do not live in So cal can express their input.

Dan Warner