RE: Staging line wait

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Staging line wait
From: John Szalay <john.szalay@att.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 15:41:38 -0400
At 09:23 AM 10/10/03 -0700, you wrote:
>Amen, brother, amen.  I love the variety of equipment and the great attitude
>of those out there.
>
>Dale C.
>                I rave on about is the greatest car show on "EARTH" ------
>                the Staging lanes at SpeedWeek---
>                it just doesn't get any better that that-- great people,
>cars, and bikes--racers-pushers--spectators---  wmts
>
>                  "Sparky"
>                Lakester 2211

Likewise, I have wanted to get to the Salt for over 43 years, life, family, work
and reality was the delay, but now that I am retired. I intend to be there or at
Maxton whenever we can. not as a racer, (reality again) and not just as a
spectator,
I'll volunteer to do whatever it takes to help keep things moving smoothly for
those that can run their cars & bikes..
 Just love walking thru the pits and/or the start or down the course. seeing
machinery, imagination and will to compete, in action..

                                                  John

 FWIW:
 I spent 33+ years as a machinist & prototype maker, and can really appreciate
the work that goes into the cars & bikes..