Re: Blues Radio (non LSR) you may delete now

To: Phillip Landry <saltracer@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Blues Radio (non LSR) you may delete now
From: W S Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 18:44:44 -0600
My daughter is working with an arts in the schools program in Pittsburgh,
PA.  Another group did a series of workshops for teachers introducing The
Blues as an optional study program for a Friday, one hour free choice
experience for middle school children.  The response from the participants
in the workshops was very good and several wrote words to songs that were
performance quality.
They realized they had not put their point across with some teachers however
when replies as to whether the teachers could use this in their workshops
were returned.  The reason, the comments?  "These kids come from such
depressing backgrounds already and there's no reason to make them more
unhappy by singing about it."  She wondered what other things they were
teaching that hadn't registered with them as well.

Wes