Re: non-lsr ---change of live style

To: Doug Odom <dlodom@charter.net>,
Subject: Re: non-lsr ---change of live style
From: Sparky <wmtsmith@landracing.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 6:58:07 -0500
Doug--I can relate---I have been selling off things also--because of my
relocation and "SALT FEVER"---MAMA said I had to be able to put them all in my
new "toy
box"  no more leaving them outside--but the great news is I will finally have
my own special toy box---

PS Tell us MORE---about the Liner which you are having to make room for

> From: Doug Odom <dlodom@charter.net>
> Date: 2003/10/12 Sun PM 11:45:22 CDT
> To: Land Speed List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
> Subject: change of live style
>
> List, Things are changing around here real fast. First we have bought a
> streamliner. Now in my shop we have a 57 corvette complete restoration
> customers car, a 70 Ford mustang fastback complete restoration customers
> car, the sprite modified sports car, and the 99 corvette GT car. Also I
> had about 400 cylinder heads, 150 or so blocks and cranks etc. Now this
> two and half foot wide and twenty six foot long liner ain't going to fit
> inside, so something had to go. So for the last week I have been selling
> blocks and heads and cranks like crazy. Yep I figured I was never going
> to live long enough to build that many motors anyway. I did save the
> cherry std. 4 bolt blocks. So now I have enough room for the liner. I
> think we are going to go and pick up the liner this week.  Oh, and we
> are grading and building forms to pour about 30 yards of concrete also.
> So I have been jumping back and forth between a fork lift ( rear steer )
> and and a loader/scraper ( front steer ) all week so it's no wonder I'm
> more confused that usual. Doug Odom in big ditch

  "Sparky"
Lakester 2211