Re: Shall we start a 300 mph club?

To: Flowbench@aol.com
Subject: Re: Shall we start a 300 mph club?
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 10:17:02 -0700
"I'd love to take my door slammer over 200."

Yes, go for it, everyone has to start some where. I ran the El Mirage
and Bonneville for roughly nine years before I set a record at either
place. It was another twenty-five years before I set second record at
Bonneville. I feel that too many contestants expect to start at the top
of the heap.  One problem with that is that gaining the top can be short
lived, and its the chase that really satisfies anyway.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/CC