Non Published incident results

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Non Published incident results
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 03:31:32 -0600
To the SCTA's credit they have a rather extensive incident investigation
program that truly comes up with the best answers as to why something
happened... it's based on expert opinions and analysis...  ( okay it maybe
limited by who the experts are... but the folks are qualified in thier fields
)

We've all seen mid year changes to rule books posted as a result of these
investigations...  This indicates to me that they are serious about our safety
while we are on the course or simply at an event...  I dont' think there is
any malice in thier decision not to publish the actual incident reports....

I happen to know that some folks are just lawsuit crazy and they do live in
Southern California which has a particularly high number of lawyers without
jobs and nothing better to do then sue anybody for anything...  If they did
publish something and the folks didn't like the truth when they read it...
bingo we're off to the races.... ( or court house as the case maybe )  So....
here we are.. they simply make the corrections and move on...

Betcha you could find a time when the results were published and some jerk
actually sued the SCTA.... and I'll bet the SCTA decided to figure out how to
survive this by creating an additional organization side by side with it to
continue on racing even if the organization was bankrupted by a lawsuit....
something like oh say BNI....  What ya reckon?

We don't live in a time where common sense prevails...  everyone has to
protect themselves and I'm betting they are doing the best they can within the
limits of thier lawyers advice...

Keith ( I'm with whoever said get better legal advice and go back to telling
us so we can make create our own opinions )