LSR front suspension

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: LSR front suspension
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 12:47:14 -0800 (PST)
I've finally got the Ford beam hung in place under the Studebaker frame.  I
think the Ford parts originally came from a 46-48.  The spring perches are in
front of the axle, and there is an anti-sway bar.  Since an LSR car doesn't do
a whole lot of turning, body roll would not seem to be a primary consideration.
 I'm not sure how effective an anti sway bar is with a beam axle anyway.  If I
delete the anti-sway bar, I can get the front end even lower (the bar is
between the spring and the frame and it takes up too much room.  Is there
really any reason to use this bar?  I can't recall ever seeing on on a hot rod
or race car.

Dick J in East Texas