Fwd: Re: weighing fire bottles

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Re: weighing fire bottles
From: John Szalay <john.szalay@att.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 13:49:07 -0500
>Dan,
>Yes but a lot of the cars have them fairly accessible....I'd leave them out
>until inspected. It's a thought. I have heard that NASCAR does it....true?
>untrue?
>Skip
>

>At 05:25 AM 11/6/2003 -0800, Dan Warner wrote:
>>In a simple inspection like this (weight the bottles) why couldn't the
>>inspectors at the meet do this and charge a nominal fee and raise some money.
>>I >don't see the big deal in weighting a bottle and all the hassle it takes to
>>get it done.
>>Larry Mac

 Just a thought. ( from someone that has serviced fire extingushers)

Problem comes in, IF the fire bottle does not meet specs or needs to be
refilled/recharged.  Unless you have the recharging tools and matl.
along with the scales, that keeps the vehicle out of the race.

 Better to have the serviceing/weighing done before you get to
pits/inspection..

   Just my .02
                                      John