The Birth of Hot Rodding Genat and Cox

To: "land-speed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: The Birth of Hot Rodding Genat and Cox
From: W S Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 17:23:21 -0700
This book is reviewed in the latest BRN so I won't try to repeat that.  It
is published by Motorbooks.

The Don Cox color photos are wonderful.  The have held up well considering
their age.  Obviously he knew how to protect them, possibly a credit to his
U S Navy training. I'm guessing they were larger 2 1/4 square format photos
because they have enlarged so well.  For anyone who was around racing in
those early days it will trigger memories.

Robert Genat was very pleasant and willing to chat when he autographed books
for several of us at SEMA.  No BS ... straight answers and when he didn't
know something he said so. He's a very likable guy and it comes through in
the book.  No ego trip, just a presentation of history.  The only mistake
I've found is on page 38 where he bumps the 1949 International Class C
record by 100 mph.  Wally Parks wrote the foreword.  The book was well worth
the $34.95.  You may want to buy and read this even before someone in your
family gives it to you for Christmas.

Wes