Re: Gustafson windshields

To: Jon Wennerberg <jonw@up.net>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gustafson windshields
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 17:10:38 -0800 (PST)
Pretty sure that's his name.  He's got a shop on US Highway 1 a few miles north
of Daytona.  Many many years ago I was racing at Daytona on a vintage BSA which
was wearing a vintage Norton race fairing.  The windshield had a little crack
on one corner and the tech inspector was not really happy with it.  A guy
standing in line turned me on to Gustafson and I took the bike over to his
shop.  He made me a new windscreen in about an hour.  If he doesn't have a
pattern/mold for what you need, he will create nearly anything you can sketch
and describe to him.  I still have three or four old bike magazines around. Let
me do a search later tonight and see if I can come up with is address and or
phone number.  Sure hope he's still in business.  The guy was a genius!  I'll
get back with you before tomorrow night.
Dick J in East Texas

Jon Wennerberg <jonw@up.net> wrote:
At World Finals I was chatting with Charlie Toy about a windshield for
my bike -- a windshield that'd better fit my excessive tallness and get
my head outa the breeze. He mentioned someone in Florida -- I think
the guy was named Gustafson -- that would be a likely source for me.

Anybody know who he meant?