Battery Help

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Battery Help
From: Ed Van Scoy <ed@vetteracing.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 10:55:49 -0700
Thanks to all for the help (& education) RE recent battery
question. Ended up buying a gel battery with oem ratings but
25% more cranking power (which is what I really need) and a
mere 2% monthly discharge rate. The desert is brutal on
batteries, which is why I have an Optima in just about
everything I drive. I have one in the race car which gets
replaced every 2 years & then goes into one of my "driver"
vehicles. Last month, I finally had to remove from service an
Optima that saw service in the race car from 97-99 & then went
into one of my street Vettes. 7 years of service from a
battery in this heat is amazing, as the life of an average
lead/acid battery here is 2 summers. Thanks again to all,

     Ed Van Scoy
 #128 B/GT Corvette
SCTA-BNI/Gear Grinder