Re: Black widow / Glen Barrett

To: <Flowbench@aol.com>, <ed@vetteracing.com>, <bennevl@netzero.net>
Subject: Re: Black widow / Glen Barrett
From: "Glen Barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 18:02:27 -0800
Mike
Yeah, thats the same car, I drove it at the drags and Bonneville in 1957.
Had Joe Malliards Chrys eng in it. Bill Butters was the scheduled driver and
spun it everytime he tried to make a pass. They put me in it and my 1st run
was in the 180s later ran 194 in the middle mile and was well over 215 on
the tachin the last mile when the crank broke and locked everything up. The
spin came as I turned out. Some ride but loved it. Ran it a couple of years
at the drags  and set a record at San Franando with a flat head.

Bob Fugatt was the owner and had several partners over the years. Clark
Cagle,Jack Stecker and others. Leroy Nemeyer ran 186 in it a couple of years
earlier. It was really a neat car and is now in Jim Lattins private
collection.
I am still in contact with Bob's son as he and I ran a lakester in 1985 with
Gary Cagles 300" Chrys in it. Never had a chance to prove what it would do
as I had a health issue at that time.

I hope they bring them back as a new rear engine class. several interested
in them.
Glen