Re: Fw: Changing Technology

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fw: Changing Technology
From: John Szalay <john.szalay@att.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 12:16:59 -0500
At 10:47 AM 11/28/03 -0500,FastmetalBDF@aol.com wrote:
>          HI ALAN !!!!!  WELL SAID, MY FRIEND !!!!!  WELL SAID .........
>
>    DAMNED GLAD I GREW UP IN THE AMERICA OF THE LATE
>           THIRTIES INTO THE SIXTIES WHEN IT ALL STARTED CHANGING.
>       OLD GUY BRUCE, JUST TURNED 68 LAST WEEK ........
>     AND REMEMBERING THE WAY IT WAS FROM PEARL HARBOR
>THRU VJ DAY, AND THE GREAT ERA THAT FOLLOWED AND GAVE
>US THE DRIVE-INS,

> WE ALL REALIZE THAT CHANGE IS INEVITABLE
>AND CONSTANT ...... BUT IT CERTAINLY ISN'T ALWAYS
>                         FOR THE BETTER !!!!!!!!
>ps: ' Flatheads Forever '
>    still near & dear to me .........

  Strange you should mention Drive-ins, they have all but disappeared
around here.  But on our way to Bonneville this year, we left a little early
and planned to stop at the field-of-Dreams Farm/movie site in Iowa.
while on the hiway OFF the Interstate, we happened on a real old-time
drive-in movie, right at sunset, an open field with grass on a hillside
and a screen with a long line of cars & pickups waiting to get in.
was a scene right out of the 50's,  If the line had not been so long
to get in,  perhaps we would have stopped.

                                John