From John Backus

To: "Land Speed List" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: From John Backus
From: "John Beckett" <saltracer@servusa.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 10:12:33 -0500
I assume you have all see the reports about how Sears is treating its
reservist employees who are called up? By law, they are required to hold their
jobs open and available, but nothing more.  Usually, people take a big pay cut
and lose benefits as a result of being called up... Sears is voluntarily
paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all benefits, including
medical insurance and bonus programs, for all called up reservist employees
for up to two years. I submit that Sears is an exemplary
corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution.

Suggest we all shop at Sears, and be sure to find a manager to tell them why
we are there so the company gets the positive reinforcement it well deserves.

Pass it on.

So I decided to check it out before I sent it forward. I sent the following
email to the Sears Customer Service Department:

I received this email and I would like to know if it is true. If it is, the
Internet may have just become one very good source of advertisement for your
store. I know I would go out of my way to buy products from Sears instead of
another store for a like item even if it was cheaper at the other store. Here
is their answer to my email......................

Dear Customer:

Thank you for contacting Sears.

The information is factual. We appreciate your positive feedback. Sears
regards service to our country as one of greatest sacrifices our young men and
women can make. We are happy to do our part to lessen the burden they bear at
this time.

Bill Thorn
Sears Customer Care
webcenter@sears.com
<http://us.f417.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=webcenter@sears.com>
1-800-349-4358

Please pass this on to all your friends, Sears needs to be recognized for this
outstanding contribution and we need to show them as Americans, we do
appreciate what they are doing for our military,