Re: LSR Schwinn?

To: <Want1937hd@aol.com>, <hoxiepoo@cox.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: LSR Schwinn?
From: "JOE LANCE" <jolylance@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 13:41:19 -0500
I remember an article about a "land speed" bicycle run where smooth boards
were lain between the tracks of the 100 MPH New York Central passenger train
around 1903.  To minimize the air resistance, the bicycle rider peddled
directly behind the observation car of the moving train---don't remember the
speed the biker reached but I think it was about 70 MPH.

Lance