Winter projects

To: "Land Speed List" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Winter projects
From: "John Beckett" <saltracer@servusa.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 17:43:58 -0500
    Spent the day working on a new oil pan for the Honda. The last one was
really built for the Corvette and may need to go back with that car. We have
always run wet sump stuff and so far been successful with it. Actually cutting
up a perfectly good dry sump pan...old NASCAR 16 ga. steel pan...and making it
wet one.

    Have just about finished fabricating the rear sway bar too. Just a few
odds and ends to finish up and I can weld it in. Going to go back to some much
softer rear springs when its finished.

    Then to build a hinge mound for the hood. All those Dzus fasteners were a
pain, not to mention a disaster waiting to happen, if there was ever a fire.

    JB
    #79, C/GCC