RE: Records Governing Body

To: "Malcolm Pittwood" <MPittwood@compuserve.com>,
Subject: RE: Records Governing Body
From: "Landspeed Louise Ann Noeth" <landspeedlouise@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 15:22:34 -0800
Malcolm wrote -- But the FIA would not give up what they have and can make a
few Francs on.

My retort: earn it!

I agree wholeheartedly the sanctioning body must be international in scope
and above reproach.

I dare say enough of the qualified SCTA/BNI folks would be delighted, if
asked, TO BE PAID  to set-up and administer a world record attempt anywhere
on the planet. The FIA and FIM do not have a lock on world record
certification. Don't be silly about this "nationalistic" nonsense, speed
knows no boundary. Many international speed hopefuls have come for decades
to the salt looking to prove themselves simply because it was the best venue
available and it happens to be in the USA. The geography has NO BEARING on
the record.

The FIA is suspect as an authority only because of its miserable, inept
business practice of scandalously slow paperwork associated with CERTIFIED
world records. I believe the LSR community could care less who does the
paperwork -- as long as it fair to all comers. What led to all this bitching
and crabbing is the lack of follow-through and paperwork (for which they are
handsomely paid) I haven't seen anything that disparages the FIA ability to
conduct and certify the actual speed runs only that part that comes after
the vehicle is put on the trailer and everyone goes home.

I fully support and recognize WORLD RECORDS set under the sanctioning of
FIA, FIM, SCTA/BNI and USFRA because I have personally witnessed how
personnel scrutineer speed attempts and find them fair to all involved.

Speedy Regards,

"LandSpeed" Louise Ann Noeth
LandSpeed Productions
"Telling stories with words and pictures"

www.landspeedproductions.biz

This e-mail including any files attached is intended for the addressee only.
It may contain confidential, proprietary or trade secret confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, copy
or distribute this message. If you have received this communication in
error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and delete the original
message. Thank you for your cooperation.