RE: Shop Lights

To: albaugh_neil@ti.com, dlodom@charter.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Shop Lights
From: "Glenn Ridlen" <glennr7@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 20:01:48 -0600
Most quarts lights are pretty pretty intense. They are often used outdoors
where you need to cast light some distance or on stands for construction
where you need a lot of light in one area. The distribution of the light, of
course, will depend on the design of  the reflector in the fixture. The
temperature of the lamp, a tube, is very high. The lamps are normally long
lived but will be shortened dramaticly from any contamination on them which
tends to hold heat in. Don't even handle them with bare skin. Body oil will
cook on the surface a become a contaminant. If you do or think someone has,
wipe them down with alcahol before you install them. They are effecient
(lumen per watt ratio is high). Not typically used as ceiling lights but I
guess the could be with the proper fixture. If not I think shadows would be
a problem.

                                                Glenn

# 2582416674  Quartz