Re: TIG problems, part II

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TIG problems, part II
From: LGMCAFEE@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 09:14:46 EST
I think another problem is that I might be
getting contamination from the back of the weld, since this is tubing, and
I'm getting good
penetration, maybe I'm going a little too deep and loosing my shielding gas
on the back side of the
weld.

Yes, you might be getting contamination from the inside but not because of
shielding problems. Tig doesn't like scale or grease and the inside needs to be
clean also. You can make an x-ray quality weld on carbon steel without a purge
on the inside of tubing and pipe, now stainless is another story.
Larry Mac