Re: Bub Mannings Event

To: "LandSpeed Louise" <landspeedlouise@adelphia.net>,
Subject: Re: Bub Mannings Event
From: "Jonathan Amo" <jonamo@landracing.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 22:13:13 -0700
Louise,

Now why the bashing on Dennis? and why not out of his pocket. Dennis has
been an active motorcycle racer for years on the salt. Very generous also.
Invited us to share his own salt time, free of charge. Has had motorcycle
only events in the past and invited many racers to come over free of charge
to race on his dime. He spent the money for the permits, insurance, dragging
the course with his own equipment, paid surveyors to come out,  paid for
certified timers to time his events etc etc. His money spent and shared it
with others.
This new event bub Bonneville bash I see this as a major breakthrough for
motorcycle racers this year, FIM sanctioning. At no more then the cost of
$300-$400 entry. Prize money, trophy's, awards banquet at end of event. This
is huge. So what if it isn't out of his pocket. He has spent the long hours
putting this together for the event. Is that not enough? I think he is one
of those guys who's heart is with racing on the salt as much as any of us.
His new bike streamliner looks just awesome and was testing in November on
the salt.

Malcolm, I hope Richard can come over that would be excellent, never seen a
rocket bike before and would be a thrill.

Louise maybe you should contact him, maybe he needs a person to copyright
pictures or digital media taken at the event. Well then again.....

Jonathan