Re: Snap On Scanners

To: <RACE427@aol.com>, <docb8532@aol.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Snap On Scanners
From: "Jonathan Amo" <jonamo@landracing.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 23:08:12 -0700
Tony,

Sorry Tony for Volkswagen there is more to it then that. And most vehicles
you cant run off the ground on Jack Stands sets abs codes or engine codes.
If all wheels and vss dont compute can abort programming and relearn
procedures.  And no MT2500 wont let you do it on Volkswagen cause those
features a vehicle specific (must use a VAG tool) and not obd II generic.
OBD II generic will only let you view data stream, freeze frame and codes,
and clear mem.
Most of the time to do relearn correctly you must activate thru a scanner on
vehicles other then Volks and Audi. Over time vehicle will learn driving
conditions which can take several weeks, until then vehicles can run
sluggish until the relearn conditions are met.

Jonathan