Re: NEB'S "foam job"

To: Nt788@aol.com, wmtsmith@landracing.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: NEB'S "foam job"
From: "gary baker" <lsr350@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2004 21:30:18 +1100
>Jack wrote #1 establish guide lines i.e. center line, ribs, lumps of clay
>defining
>clearance above existing parts, fill voids with cardboard, crumpled
>newspaper
>ect.mix 2# density foam and pour in small quantities controlling spill with
>taped
>in place paper, or get an insulation company to spray it. shape with saws,
>elec.plane, curry comb, rasp, "cheese grater" finish with sandpaper, when
>close,
>thin 20min sheetrock mud and spray with your favorite gun pressure  pot
>works
>best, sand -spray-sand spray ect, apply a thick coat of partal #2 wax spray
>multiple coats pva mold release let dry and lay up glass, Centerline is
>most
>helpful for establishing semetricity, you can make half  outside templates
>by
>pushing cheap thin rigid plastic into foam and tracing. Thanks Jack

thanks for that mate ,obviously you are a master at it ,excellent jobs on
the neb family , my own efforts to date have been somewhat poor , I spose
practice makes perfect , though I suspect you need a reasonable artistic
flair to boot , I will persevere as my efforrts with sheet aluminium are
even worse
Gary

ninemsn Premium transforms your e-mail with colours, photos and animated
text. Click here  http://ninemsn.com.au/premium/landing.asp