Re: Speaking of battery voltage

To: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>,
Subject: Re: Speaking of battery voltage
From: Bryan Savage <basavage@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 14:13:49 -0800
I agree with you Neil.
My 'grounding' paranoia comes from experiences with new computer
installations in the '60's
and helping people with their cars at Bonneville. Poor grounds have
always been part of the
ESD & EMI problems I've seen  at Bonneville. Current technology
electronics (last 10 yr's)
is vastly better at resisting these problems than the good old stuff.
Short pieces of 2/0 & 4/0 copper wire (10'-20') can be picked up from an
electrician cheap,
much less than the same size battery cable.

Have fun,
Bryan