Re: Transmission Neutral Safety Switch

To: "Dick J" <lsr_man@yahoo.com>, "Bryan Savage"
Subject: Re: Transmission Neutral Safety Switch
From: "Ron Gibson" <rgg14@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 20:41:09 -0600
I would put an adjustable stop on the side of the transmission to keep it
from going (bam) into second gear instead of drive. Any N.O. push button
switch in line with the shifter to engage in park would work. Preferably
inside to keep it out of the salt. A floor shift out a GM with a 350 might
work better than the Hurst but still use the gates for safety.

Ron Gibson Omaha, NE

Subject: Transmission Neutral Safety Switch

>  >
> I am pretty sure that no matter what I use for a switch, I will go with
that hinged drop down shifter gate though.  I hate to admit it, but I ran
Maxton in second gear one time.  I didn't want to move the shifter during
the run because I wasn't really sure what gear I was in.  I just knew my RPM
climbed awfully fast, and I peaked awfully soon!  Only after the run did I
figure out what had happened.   I yanked the lever a little too hard at the
start line, and Bam! - second instead of drive!  The hinged gate would
prevent that from ever happening again.