Re: worlds 2nd worst oil change

To: Keith Turk <kturk@adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: worlds 2nd worst oil change
From: Bryan Savage <basavage@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 20:01:03 -0800
And now for the best part.

If the car is has OBD-III, the check engine light is out and is driven
normally, the oil doesn't need
changing before at least 7,000 miles, 10,000 if using a group IV base
oil (Amsoil, Mobil1 & a few others).

I get my oil tested by Blackstone, it's a hobby for me, on the following,
Honda ATV, '89 T-Bird (sold 2 years ago), '99 Ranger, 2000 Subaru & 2001
Honda Odyssey.
I've tried to run the Odyssey past 10,000 and just get so nervous after
9,000, that I just change it.
The test always comes back very positive and they have suggested the oil
still had life in it.
Most OBD-II cars can usually go just as far, but not 100%.

Keith, let me know when you're going to change the oil again, I'll pay
$20.00 to watch.
Bryan