Re: NACA duct

To: <Flowbench@aol.com>, <piggy@accessatc.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: NACA duct
From: "John Beckett" <saltracer@servusa.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 16:52:45 -0500
Mike

My history may be way off base here, but I thought that NACA was the early
version of NASA. That the testing on these ducts was late 1940's. And yes
aviation was trying to crack the sound barrier at that time. Have noticed on
747's and the like, which are sub-sonic, that they do use the NACA duct on
the fuselage. But as you mention all this doesn't mean that they will work
correctly.

JB