RE: 4-7 firing order cam swap

To: "John Beckett" <saltracer@servusa.com>, <richk@mercurylink.net>,
Subject: RE: 4-7 firing order cam swap
From: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 08:11:24 -0500
I just ran some #'s on Turks car..with the proposed C engine we are
building.
At 730 hp terminal speed ought to be around 267
At 760 hp (which is not going to happen.) it is  271
If we work on the car very hard and change the CD by 0.05 it will be 277
with the 730 hp engine..
Maybe should keep the hood shut and work on the car..
I think it is all about CdA not always power...
Might want to ask how much turbulence each Dzus button adds when you have 50
of them??
Or 35 feet of body seams??
I bet there is 1/2 of the needed 0.05 Cd in the hood scoop and a few
seemingly minor seams and Dzus buttons.. Or the same as adding 30 hp...
Dave