aero junk...

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: aero junk...
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 08:30:23 -0600
Dave's kinda hit on the one area that I can actually work on here... the motor
is Ted's deal... Tuning is Dave's.... I get to play with the aero junk... so
here's what I'm doing...

First off I'm getting rid of the original turbo hood scoop until we need it...
that panel is on the very nose of the car.  This should be a nice start...

As for the Hood scoop... if Dave can get enough out of the motor with low
profile air horns we'll be able to loose another 3" of hood scoop altitude as
well... then I've got to redesign the hood scoop to have an oval of the exact
square inch's of frontal area capable of feeding air to it...

Dsuz buttons themself's are another issue....  I've just got in 50 new allen
buttons and a spring adjuster... along with some thin nylon washers that
retain the buttons shank from the bottom side .... so they become retained
buttons without the riveted plate above the surface... I haven't tried them
yet... but I'm looking forward to it this morning... should be a slick way to
do business...

K ( geez Dave... Isn't 267 on a 223 record ... " Fairly fast on a sunny day "
?