Re: Where is the camera

To: John Burk <joyseydevil@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Where is the camera
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 09:32:42 -0700
John,

Tom Beatty was one of my heroes, a real down to earth racer. I remember
that his car was a tech inspection conversation piece in later years
because there was so much rust.

The panel truck would really haul the mail. I was headed home from
Speedweek some years ago when a couple of miles toward Tonapah from Ely,
Tom past us with the tank in tow. When we stopped in Tonapah for lunch
Tom was leaving the restaurant as we entered. That is how much ground he
gained on us and we towed at 60 MPH Plus.

BTW, I have posted an ad from the 1952 Hot Rod Magazine in my Early
Bonneville Section. Go to http://bryantauto.com/Early_Bonneville.html
and click on 1952 Bonneville Meet. The ads, Bill Burke and Tom Beatty,
are at the end of the page.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/CC