RE: fire safety checks

To: "Dale Krumheuer" <dmirror3@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: fire safety checks
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 11:36:55 -0500
John;

That's a good point-- electrical ground paths need to be well thought
out. Unfortunately if bonding straps are not used, electric current will
flow through whatever is the easiest and this may cause significant
damage to whatever is carrying the current. If the current is high
enough, it will spot-weld ball bearings (bearing balls to their races),
etc as well as cause other types of hidden damage. Welding can also
cause these problems if the ground clamp is carelessly placed.

It's fortunate you found that cable problem before you really needed it.

Regards, Neil    Tucson, AZ