Imagine my surprise... (non-LSR)

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Imagine my surprise... (non-LSR)
From: "Jon E. Wennerberg" <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 15:35:50 -0400
...this morning when I walked back to my truck, which I had parked in
front of a coffee shop here in Marquette while I had gone into the Post
Office, and a guy I sorta know walked out of the shop and asked if I
knew Keith Turk.

I paused---paused---said "Umn, well, unh, yeah.  Is this, like, a trick
question?"

He said he knows of you from some Austin Healey connection, and somehow
knew enough to recognise the ECTA 2 Club sticker on my pickup.

Damn, Keith, you must be real famous if people way up north here in
Marquette (other than Nancy and me, that is) know you!

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan
              (that's 'way up north)