Re: Ford modular motors

To: Rick Byrnes <rick@rbmotorsports.com>
Subject: Re: Ford modular motors
From: Bryan Savage <basavage@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 13:58:35 -0700
 From what I have read, the power limiting factor of modern OEM engines
is the specifications that the block was designed to meet. Most aluminum
block specifications allow 2.00 HP per cubic inch max. There are exceptions
from Honda, Toyota and GM. For example, the GM Ecotec block will handle
4 HP/CID unmodified and over 6 with some modifications. This is not an
accident. With today's design tools you don't over design a block by a
factor of more than 3 and still keep your job.

Bryan