Non LSR - Books for Soldiers

To: Land-Speed <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Non LSR - Books for Soldiers
From: Jim Webb <jimwebb@nutsracing.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 18:22:32 -0500
In between polishing pistons, getting the new tranny in, and the thousand
other chores in preparation for August, I thought I'd pass along a very
worthwhile site where you can make someone's day (or week).

www.booksforsoldiers.com is a clearing house for soldiers stationed in the
middle east and elsewhere who are in search of something for the down time.
Soldiers post requests for books, magazines, CD's, DVD's and all kinds of
other stuff. I've sent my collection of old paperbacks, some sunscreen, and
some snacks. Lots of those guys are looking for automotive and educational
materials.

If you have a little spare time, and some reading material you don't need
anymore please send some on to the troops. Regardless of your opinion of the
political climate, remember that these volunteers are our friends and
neighbors. A little effort on our parts goes a long way for those folks far
from home.

Now, back to the parts washer...Hope I can go spectate at Goliad since the
truck is still spread all over Texas.

Jim Webb
jimwebb@nutsracing.com
Chock Full o' Nuts