tool time

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: tool time
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 10:54:05 -0500
Okay the riveting is done... but while I was doing the work my thoughts got
around to all the things I could do with the newly found skill.... geez I
could make This and that and ya know if I just had some extra sheet metal I
could... so on and so forth...

It was like my first experience with a Tig, Mig welder or a Plasma cutter..
they just change the way you look at projects...  Brad had mentioned this
years ago... he talked about how you instantly go from thinking in Wood to
thinking in Steel.

Dan brought up one of Dave's favorite saying's about ... "when the only tool
you have in the box is a Hammer.... every project looks like a Nail."

I have to admit that I had been around some sheet metal shops in the Army and
most of the guys did nice repair work... ( not that I ever left them enough to
repair )  Sooo in any case I was at least familiar with the basic's...

What a joy to learn a new skill...