towing

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: towing
From: Scott Cowle <scowle@mentorcollege.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 13:39:47 -0400
  I've got 2 concerns about my tow vehicle this year- 1) The rear leaf
springs are starting to sag under weight-is it better to add leafs or is it
okay to use air shocks. 2) The brakes overheated at least twice on my trip
to the point I could not get the truck and trailer safely stopped- once I
was headed for the back of a tractor trailer- thank goodness he started
moving cause I ran out of room. Considering the distance I drive to get to
Maxton I feel like I'm taking an unnecessary chance with substandard brakes,
yet the truck-a 1998 Dakota-V8- can easily pull the weight. What brand of
brakes do some of you use on your tow vehicles to get better braking?

                                                             Scott