Re: towing

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: towing
From: John Szalay <john.szalay@att.net>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 14:53:07 -0400
At 04:38 PM 5/19/04 +0000, you wrote:
>Can anyone recommend a good electric brake controller?
>I am getting ready to rent a 25' camping trailer and it requires the
>controller. When I went to brakecontroller.com there was numerous brands and
>models for a wide range of prices.
>
>Any recommendations would be appreciated.
>
>Jim

 I have used this brand for all our tow vehicles over the years.
there are probably better, but this does it all, and easy to install.
 the early models required a tee in the brake line, but all the newer
models work with built-in sensors.  much easier to install and set..

Tekonsha Brake Control.

 hydraulic surge brakes are good, however if you do a lot of towing,
I have found that electric is better, since you can apply the trailer
brakes separate, and pull slack in wet weather, and/or also helps control
whipping when you get passed by a much faster or large double or triple
trailer rig..
    Just my opinion..