Re: What you folks up to?

To: "gary baker" <lsr350@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: What you folks up to?
From: "Jon E. Wennerberg" <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 12:37:14 -0400
On Saturday, June 12, 2004, at 09:14 PM, gary baker wrote:

> well Im having a go at making a 5mm thick canopy out of lexan ( first
> time and it shows ) methinks  stuff this thick needs to be vacuum
> formed . maybe i'll try 3mm anyway back to the heat gun
> Gary

I wonder if canopy means what I think of it as -- one of them foreign
words that means windshield.  But even if you mean something BIG, like
the big window on the front of the Flatfire, try www,bikescreens.com.
The company is Gustafsson Plastics, in St. Augustine, Florida, and they
do windscreens (as they call 'em) for darn near everything, cars and
bikes and who knows what else.  I had them make one up for me, to my
specs.  Decently short delivery time, and $100 was all they charged.  I
just measured -- it's 3.5 mm thick - I suppose you could get anything
you want.  The guy's name is Leif Gusatfsson, and you'll believe it if
he tells you he's Swedish.

I heard about him from another racer.  Pass it on.  . .

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan
              (that's 'way up north)