RE: LSR Brakes - 3rd. try, part 3

To: "John Beckett" <saltracer@servusa.com>,
Subject: RE: LSR Brakes - 3rd. try, part 3
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 16:58:27 -0500
John;

A helpful but little-known fact regarding those small Mustang II rotors
(I don't know if the Pinto rotors are the same but they probably are) is
that they can be upgraded to larger diameter rotors very easily.

Since Mopar made some parts under contract for Ford, you'll find that
early '80s brake rotors from Dodge, Plymouth, & Chrysler intermediate-
size cars also fit on the Mustang II spindles perfectly; the same wheel
bearings even fit. The Mopar calipers are usually fitted, too.

Since the new rotors are about 11" dia, you'll need to fabricate an
adapter for the single- piston sliding calipers but it isn't a difficult
task. Why people build Cobra replicas and retain those little rotors is
beyond me when they can be changed so easily & inexpensively.

Regards, Neil    Tucson, AZ