Defining CG Location(2)

To: "land-speed submit" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Defining CG Location(2)
From: "3liter" <saltfever@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 18:53:47 -0700
CG is located by three coordinates (x, y, z).  The first two reside on your
two dimensional garage floor and can be found simply by jacking up the car
and finding the point where it balances perfectly.  Use your imagination but
all you need is a pivot point made from a piece of bar stock or a 3-6 inch
pipe.  Just make a wood or metal frame, suitable to hold the weight of the
car without stressing the frame, and set everything on the pivot. Move
either direction until the car balances. That is one coordinate position.
Repeat for the width. Don't forget, you should be sitting in the car at your
"racing weight" i.e., safety gear on.  Or, if you have scales they can be
used to calculate the x & y coordinates.

So here is my problem.  Is there a simple way to find the most critical Z
axis, other than putting the car on a rotisserie?  Can anyone tell me how I
can calculate the Z coordinate for the CG location?    -Elon