U-Joint Lube

To: Land Speed List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: U-Joint Lube
From: Doug Odom <dlodom@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 14:58:09 -0700
Has anyone ever come up with a real superior u-joint grease? Now this is
for the truck and not the race car. We have a one ton Chevy pick up with
a two piece drive shaft. This sucker goes through a couple u-joint every
two or three years. Now I wash the bottom of the truck and steam clean
it when we get back from the salt. The grease in the joint dries out to
the point it stops lubing the joint. I know its only $40 for 3 joints
and an hours time. Just thought there might be a better grease out
there. I do use the special GM lube on the splines and that cured the
sticking problem GM has with these two piece shafts.
 Doug Odom in big ditch