The Camaro saga...

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: The Camaro saga...
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 22:32:34 -0500
    Well David's gone.... Steve Mohr is gone... and the Camaro is still here
for a couple of days.... lots of little bits left to do... but nothing big or
major...

    No way you folks could really appreciate how much David's sacrificing to
come to Bonneville...  For him like many of us this is just a PURE passion...

    I'm respecting David's desire to keep the motor and plan low key.... he's
not keeping it a secret... he's simply not bragging or making claims and
Statements that could be construed as bragging.... he's built and designed
this motor in his mind many times..  it's kinda his pet.... and frankly it's a
nice little motor... very well executed... and HIS.... he installed it and
simply made it happen...

We cranked it up on Sunday just after 4 pm.... went through all the checks...
no fluid leaks... no hassles.. it simply ran perfect... my wiring actually
worked first time and most of the install was pretty straight forward...
Shoot the fella even has a fair set of hands... ( in other words he would be
better then most folks changing oil at the local Jiffy Lube )( if only
slightly )

I also want to take a moment in this forum to thank him for helping me move
Tonya's folks into thier new place... I hate moving and with the help we made
it happen with no fuss.. ( Steve and a couple of others busted thier butts as
well.. )

When you folks see the Camaro next time.... look close at the quality of his
work...  and how much nicer the car is as a result of Hot Rods involvement in
it....   This isn't a rent a ride... trust me on that...

Keith... ( if you can't tell.... I'm Very pleased with how all this has turned
out... )