Re: Piston Rings

To: Tom Neimeyer <tneimeyer@houston.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Piston Rings
From: Bryan Savage <b.a.savage@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 01:57:13 -0700
Tom this is all I know.
Good - You can add .005 - .010 end gap to make it impossible for the rings
               to bind up when real, real hot.
             They have knowledgeable tech's who will talk as long as you
want
               AND they speak clearly so I can hear and understand them.
             If you call in an order, they get it out now. You can order
a single
               ring if you screw up like I did. I called Monday when
they opened
               and I had the ring Thursday afternoon.

Bad - Cost.

Problem or benefit ??   They seal so good that if you are using a device to
                maintain a low pressure in the pan you may draw enough
(no blow by)
                vacuum to cause valve stem oiling problems.

If you use them be sure to get the cylinders Plateau (brush) honed and
use their product Quickseat.  Rings will seat 10 times faster with this
combination.

Bryan