Re: wheel width

To: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>, Keith Turk
Subject: Re: wheel width
From: Ed Van Scoy <edvs@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 09:53:05 -0700 (PDT)
I also use a 4" rim on the front of my Vette, with
Frontrunners. Since Corvette never intended this use,
I had to have the wheels made. They were made by
Circle Racing, by taking a standard 4" wide rim, and
welding a front wheel drive center in it in order to
get the proper offset. Since they are steel, they were
very reasonably priced (as opposed to custom aluminum
wheels). You might want to try this route, as
virtually any offset can be made. I went through
Carroll Shelby, but any roundy-round shop can probably
help you and process the order.
Ed