Re: Lucky Not To Be at Bonneville

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lucky Not To Be at Bonneville
From: Ray Buck <rbuck@aros.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 20:19:27 -0600
Good points, Dick.  I was able to make it out for 3 days, but that's only
because I live in the Salt Lake City area.  I didn't compete, but I got to
be there.  I enjoyed every bit of it...well, except for the mosquito bites
at the Bend in the Road and the sunburn.  But the rest was awesome.

I'm planning to be back there in September to run in the 130 mph
class.  I've never driven on the salt before and I'd like to use that class
as a means of getting some seat time.  So I'm in that "gettin ready" stage,
too.

I'm also in the middle of editing the pics I took while at SW and putting
them on the web.  I've just got a little bit done...and no captions yet,
but here are a couple of urls to use as starting points:

http://chevyasylum.com/bsf2004/sw/0813/bsf20040813.html
http://www.chevyasylum.com/bsf2004/sw/0814/bsf20040814.html

Yes, that's me standing in front of the ol Chevy pickup.

Bottom line: I'm grateful that I got the chance to be there for the first 3
days.  I'd planned on the whole week, but it didn't work out.  I'm grateful
anyway.

Ray Buck,
Taylorsville, Ut