Re: Visit to the USA

To: M Pittwood <MPittwood@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Visit to the USA
From: "Jon E. Wennerberg" <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 13:13:47 -0400
On Friday, August 27, 2004, at 12:25 PM, M Pittwood wrote:

> List
>
> Firstly congratulations to all who participated in Speed Week,
> especially
> those who set records - I am now aiming to attend the 60th event on the
> salt.  Thanks Jon for the updates and photos on landracing.com and to
> the
> SCTA/BNI for their results lists and more photos.
>
> In September, I and two colleagues from Primetime Land Speed
> Engineering
> will be visiting the state of Nevada - flying in and out of Las Vegas.
> This is between 7th and 14th,

> Although primarily a 'business trip' there will be time perhaps to
> take in
> some motor sport - I know Dennis Manning's event will be on the salt
> and El
> Mirage will be on the dirt - but does anyone know of any Drag Racing
> action
> in the State of Nevada at this time?  [My colleagues Colin and Mark are
> former top fuel Funny Car (AAFC) drivers, as well as jet car drivers
> here
> in the UK].

> Thanks
> Malcolm Pittwood, Derby, England.

Nancy and I will be at the Bub's event, and you'd be welcome to come
out to the Salt for a chat with us.  I'm not sure which other LSR bike
folks will be there.  We look forward to meeting with you.  Yes, we
each managed to set a record at SpeedWeek.

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan
              (that's 'way up north)